All capitalized terms or terms that were otherwise defined in the Terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms, including, without limitation, the definition of “you” and “your” used in the Terms.
What Information and Data Do We Collect?
General. Our primary purpose in collecting information and data from you voluntarily is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience when using the Services. We will only ask for and collect Information and Data that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
- Information You Provide.
- You can browse the public facing sections of the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Information. However, in order to use or purchase the Services, you must register for a User Account. When registering for a User Account, you must provide Information as requested or where indicated on the Site. At that time, you will no longer be anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. In addition, as you use or purchase the Services, you may be required or requested, from time to time, to provide further Information through the Services (including, to DiagnoseAtHome, a Medical Professional or a Laboratory), while, without limitation, requesting a consultation or appointment with a Medical Professional, during a consultation, appointment or other interaction or communication with a Medical Professional; while purchasing a Test, while completing a Test and providing a Sample and/or related to your Results. The Information you may be required or requested to provide may include, without limitation, name, billing address, delivery address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, username and/or password, personal and family medical history information, details of your existing medications, Samples, Results, the name of your primary healthcare provider and his or her contact information and any private health benefits number(s) or account information. For greater certainty, DiagnoseAtHome is not the custodian of Information collected on or through the Services; rather it facilitates the connection between Users and Medical Professionals or Laboratories, who independently deliver services on, through or in connection with the Services. DiagnoseAtHome holds Information on behalf of Users, Medical Professionals and Laboratories as it relates to the Services and/or their communication, interaction and involvement with one another, directly or indirectly, through the Services.
- You represent that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents and approvals to provide any Information, including any Information of another individual or entity, that is provided by you to DiagnoseAtHome, Medical Professional, Laboratory or otherwise to or through the Services.
- We may ask for your personal health information and the use of the Services may produce or require the disclosure of your personal health information (including, without limitation, personal and family medical history information, details of your existing medications, Samples, Results, the name of your primary healthcare provider and his or her contact information, and any private health benefits number(s) or account information). The use of Services that are eligible for coverage by provincial health plans may require you to provide your provincial health card number in order for us to bill your provincial health plan on behalf of Medical Professionals and/or Laboratories. If you provide us with any personal health information, it will be kept strictly confidential and collected, retained and disclosed in compliance with all applicable Canadian privacy laws. By submitting User Content that includes your personal health information, you explicitly consent to our collection, retention and disclosure of that Information.
- You always have the option to not provide Information by choosing not to become a User and/or access, use or purchase the Services. Your decision to withhold certain Information may limit the Services we are able to provide and make it more difficult for us to advise you or suggest appropriate alternatives to the Services. If we are unable to accommodate your requests based on the Information (or lack thereof) that you have provided, we may ask for additional Information so that we may better accommodate your needs.
- Payment Method. If you have registered for a User Account, we may collect your credit card, other payment method and/or banking information. If and when you add a credit card, payment method and/or banking information to a User Account, such information and your Information may be shared with our third-party payment processor(s). We do not store credit card, other payment and/or banking information on our servers.
Information and Data Collected Automatically
- How Do We Use Your Information and Data?
- General. We use your Information and Data to help us provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market the Services; to determine your eligibility to have a User Account and be a User; to provide you with access to, use and purchase of the Services; to provide you the license to use and purchase the Services; to receive, store and analyze your Samples at Laboratories; to receive, review, store and communicate Results to you, including by presenting your Results on your a User Account on our Site; to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes; to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; to advise you of pricing and Services related updates; to facilitate transactions and payments; to resolve service disputes; to troubleshoot problems; to inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates; to analyze usage of the Services; to improve our Content, Services and product offerings; to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests; to customize your experience, the Content, layout and Services; to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; to enforce the Terms; to provide you with system or administrative messages; and/or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Our Disclosure of Information and Data
- Disclosure to Laboratories. We may disclose and transfer your Information (including without limitation, your name, delivery address, Test purchase orders, Sample(s), primary healthcare provider name and contact information) to a Laboratory for the purposes of (i) processing a Test; (iii) testing a Sample provided with a completed Test and (iv) producing Results from the processing of your Test and Sample.
Disclosure to Medical Professionals. We may disclose and transfer your Information (including, without limitation, your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, personal and family medical history information, details of your existing medications, Samples, Results, the name of your primary healthcare provider and his or her contact information, and any private health benefits number(s) or account information) to a Medical Professional(s) for the purposes of him/her/them (i) providing you with Healthcare Services, Informational Services or Medical Advice; (ii) advising or assessing which Test(s) you may or are recommended to purchase; (iii) approving your purchase order for a Test; (iv) reviewing, analyzing, assessing and/or interpreting your Results; and/or (v) otherwise communicating with you and assisting in providing you with the Services. A Medical Professional may: (i) take notes or keep records of any interaction you have with him/her/them through the Services, which may be preserved, copied or disclosed in accordance with applicable law; and (ii) collect, use or disclose your provincial health card number for identity verification purposes and/or for other purposes related to the provision of provincially funded health services. Medical Professionals are required to comply with the applicable privacy legislation and certain medical record-keeping obligations to which they are subject.
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We may aggregate and anonymize Data and use and disclose it for a variety of purposes, including analytics. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any Information.
- Public Areas of the Service. User activities in the public areas of the Site may be identifiable to a User Account, and all or certain users of the Service may be able to see your published content.
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Information and Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business, in accordance with applicable law. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
- Storing and Processing Information and Data. In some cases, Information and Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of Canada. When that occurs, we continue to protect the Information and Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Service Providers. We may use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and/or unrelated third-party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) in connection with our provision of the Services, including, without limitation, for the processing of payments, off-premise data hosting and communication services. We may disclose your Information and Data to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws.
- Correcting and Updating Information and Data
- Information and Data Retention
Each User Account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your User Account by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your device. We strive to protect your Information and Data by putting in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Information and Data we receive from you, including without limitation, security technologies, encryption, passwords and physical security measures and managerial procedures. Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers used by our service providers. Any payment transactions effected by us will be encrypted using SSL technology. We are continuously utilizing security measures to protect your Information and Data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of any Information and Data. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or service failure and other factors, may compromise the security of Information and Data at any time. We reserve the right, without any limitation, to investigate any suspected breaches of the Services security or information technology or other systems or networks.
- Other Information and Data Collectors